28 May 2010

Well, in Whoville they say...

Dear Evelyn,

When you're older you'll see the Christmas classic 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas.' Towards the end of the cartoon, there is the line:

Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
 
That's exactly how I felt on the day you were born and, amazingly, it keeps happening. Thanks for teaching your Momma about how much love she is capable of feeling.
I love your little voice, your smiles, the cleft in your chin, how you snuggle into my arms.
I love your sense of humor, the curiosity in your eyes, the excitement at simple things like fingers and toes.
I love holding you while you nurse.
I love your satisfied face as you fall asleep after.

I love you.

Always,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

On that thought...

Related Posts with Thumbnails