30 October 2009

The Trials of Sleeping with Pregnancy

Last night, Beckie drifted off to sleep while I was reading a book. I finally got heavy lids, so I put the book down, turned out the light, and settled in.

Instantly, Beckie took over the bed. Legs and arms akimbo, belly pushing me off the bed... I tried to gently roll her over (since she was on her back and that's a pregnant no-no), but the violent reaction warned me off. She literally jumped sideways (a sight to see with a very pregnant belly), flailing as she went. My guess is that she was dreaming of bad guys - a common theme. I'm sure she beat them all up - another common theme. I just stayed out the way.

Anyway, I debated moving to the futon but was finally able to get comfortable on the little sliver of bed left to me and fall asleep. I wonder how long it's going to be before I'm no longer welcome in my own bed. Kids... they get you even when they're not yet fully formed.

2 comments:

  1. I love that the blog is coming from both points of view! And as long as she's keeping the bad guys away from that baby, you should be thankful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't let her kick the wall again. That's one bad guy she needs to leave alone. :)

    ReplyDelete

On that thought...

Related Posts with Thumbnails